Sunday, September 02, 2007

 

Wanderland

I have no idea why i titled my post as such but yeah...it was another random thought.

I have quite a lot on my mind these past few days yet i refrain from blogging every time.Hoa has a point.You should blog more when you are happy and dont blog when you are feeling kinda blue and depressed because then you can read the happier entries when you are down haha. The blog then should just record more positive stuff so you can read them when you are not very cheery.

Shall i recount events? I have so many in my head i dont know where to begin.Lets start with retreat. Since its still at the back of my mind and i have quite vivid memories of it for the moment.

Okkayy..thats it.Lets just recount whatever that comes to my mind.

Teachers' Day
I was almost zombified coming to school, having slept at about 2 am the night before despite my attempt to sleep earlier.Well, I was on MSN, making cards, looking through stuff and finally just browsing Facebook.Yeah, okay, facebook is a lot better than friendster haha but my attitude towards this kinda network thing doesnt really change. I joined friendster thanks to mr sin ming wei's persuasion dunno how long back and now i joined facebook cos of Dung.I guess i just joined to keep in touch with people and know what they are doing.For example, Ms Goh Wee Suan was added to my list on facebook by well...some reason unknown to me.Its nice to see her doing well in St Andrews though, and its even nicer to know shes engaged hahaha.Anyway back to Teachers' Day, I wrote a bunch of cards for the male teachers and brought 3 really beautiful roses for the female teachers. The entire day was spent...walking(ACES day)-i have no idea whats the use of the so long walk...and honestly, its quite useless in terms of reminding us to keep fit...but i guess it provides opportunity for everyone to just talk and hang out with their classes and teachers.I stuck with Alyssha and abandoned 5.15 since most of the girls were somewhere(Eryn and Rach choir, Jeanette conveniently ponned it) and Denise is ever so comfortable with the guys-not that I am not, but for the moment, i need to get away from them.Alyssha and i just talked and reminisced a lot about Crescent- how ACES day was spent dancing and teaching each other mass dance and how the walk reminded us of the mass run back then.Oh well...The concert was really extravagant and i thought it was good stuff too though it ended quite abruptly.It was very different from how Crescent celebrated it.I guess attended it to know the atmosphere of of teachers day in a boys school.I love the videos though haha.Michael Buble stuff too....and of course, Butler's video starring butler and prolly directed by Butler.

I didnt go back to crescent-cos ive been coming back so often.but yes, Mdm ting will get her coffee(so long overdue), ms goh will get her earrings and mr m and mr ravi their russian dolls i owed so long back.

Went out with nic and sheila after that at suntec to watch a really lousy movie called the legion.Please dont even bother watching it.I have no idea why we were, oh yes because rush hour was sold out and the rest of the shows were too late.I was quite zonked going there, and fell asleep for a few moments since the movie just yawns "boorrriinnngg."

Retreat
I shall go into the emo part of it.Since thats the part i want to blog about anyway.
God came...for everyone else but me i guess.I couldnt cry any tears or did i feel God was really there for me.I just couldnt feel His presence in the way i felt during LDC or in mid June or when the family crisis happened.The message too didnt get to me.I knew about Jimmy Elliot through the musical "love above all." It was a lot more touching watching it i guess. I remember the musical let God speak to me about the role of women too..how the 5 wives were so strong and how Elizabeth Elliot showed courage beyond anything Ive ever heard of.I have read of Ruth Graham too but yes, to loose your husband and to return and help the people who killed him...that takes enormous strength, mighty courage and unwavering faith.Anyway, that wasnt my thoughts for that night of retreat. My thoughts led me to the family members being unsaved and those closer to home that yet to hear the message about Jesus.Ive saved quite a few souls, I have even done some sort of follow up and yes...im quite skilled at sharing the gospel..but for what if your family(distant) are not saved?That wasnt my only burden for the night.Streams of thoughts flooded me about how much ive strayed from God the past week, having surrendered to the toll of workload and fatigue and emotional stress.I need to draw closer to Him now..when the problems i face are out of my hands and though i thought i have done what i think best, it is not exactly working.I'm feeling so..torn.Gosh.I just want to live the life God asks me to and for His glory.Sometimes, that's the hardest thing to do because Satan attacks you the most when you are on fire for Jesus.But...everybody needs Jesus.The peoples need Jesus. They dont need christianity the religion, they just need Jesus.(quoting the guest pastor for today's mission sunday...)

This leads me to...the family again.
My parents are having cold war.Dad slept in the studying room last night.I have..however, decided to ignore them for the moment. I have my laptop now and yes...that means i'm spending a lot less time walkin about the house and instead can confine myself in my room for unperturbed peace.I'm on good terms with dad but just..hes using me as the punch bag and sometimes, i'm the only person to be subjected to his little demands which i found really quite irritating.God says though...to honor your parents..and i will.If I dont have God, i dont know what i would do sometimes.I would be..such a malicious and corrupted person.

Ive been thinking about one more thing-about single and lonely people who are looking for love and have not found it.The past week spent living with my cousin made me reflect on it.The fact is this too...no one has the gift of celebacy and everyone is commanded to marry, just that some are not so fortunate to find the one . Every girl...and I do mean it, every girl's dream(much as they dont want to admit to it, one good example being me) is to have a family and a home..to be married when they grow up.Thats the ultimate dream.God make us this way and God fills us with that need and dream too.Oh well, it's quite a surprise for myself to dwell so much on such a subject since yes, i can confidently say that i can live a life of a single if it arises to such a state.

I'll end with this song...its a beautiful yet really melancholic song.The lyrics are beautiful and so is the melody.The artiste herself too, is beautiful, for having written and sung it with such indescribable emotions...

Soulmate
Natasha Bedingfield



Incompatible, it don't matter though'
cos someone's bound to hear my cry
Speak out if you do
you're not easy to find
Is it possible Mr. Loveable
is already in my life?
right in front of me
or maybe you're in disguise

Who doesn't long for someone to hold
who knows how to love you without being told
somebody tell me why I'm on my own
if there's a soulmate for everyone

Here we are again, circles never end
how do I find the perfect fit
there's enough for everyone
but I'm still waiting in

Who doesn't long for someone to hold
who knows how to love you without being told
somebody tell me why I'm on my own
if there's a soulmate for everyone
If there's a soulmate for everyone

Most relationships seem so transitory
They're all good but not the permanent one

Who doesn't long for someone to hold
who knows how to love you without being told
somebody tell me why I'm on my own
if there's a soulmate for everyone

Who doesn't long for someone to hold
who knows how to love you without being toldsomebody tell me why I'm on my own
if there's a soulmate for everyone
If there's a soulmate for everyone

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]