Sunday, August 19, 2007

 

Taming the tongue

After being so unproductive for about 2 hours, ive decided to do something more productive-blogging =)(ok , its reflection so yeah, it is something important too eh...)haha lame excuse

Anyway, the entire of last week was really depressing...thanks to the hormones and to the weather and well, to the moods of things. I'm not really complaining about the weather haha, since the rain and i are bestfriends, maybe even closer than that.I love it man. I've never fallen sick walking/running in the rain...not that i remember i suppose.Haha...on the contrary, i feel really refreshed, recharged and cool walking in the rain.It loves me man.It will never harm me =). Seriously, its therapeutic.

The one thing that is bothering me is my use of my tongue.Today's sermon couldnt be any more appropriate and rebuking. James 3... the most critical expression of the usage of the tongue...and how we shoud control it and use it properly, and how that too, is not equal to speaking less.Nourishing words to the soul we should practise to speak, pleasant words to encourage and compliment we need to use more and words to rebuke that last a lifetime we should learn to put across. Words too, are the indicatives of our hearts...

I have the gift of the gab...or so i believe.But it was not a natural occurance.I was trained, and was given the opportunity to be trained.Anyway, i just like to talk.Ok...i like to entertain people to so that explains it.The last week bothers me alot.I think, i use words sometimes too carelessly and dont really guard my lips.(the one who guards his lips guards his life-Proverbs..something)Hmm quick to listen, slow to speak...i really must remember this.Why?I will remember yerterday's worship for long time to come. The origins and events that led to that particular moment have to be accounted for.I dont have time to narrate it here but to summarise it, i was complacent. Or maybe, emotions were at fault heh.

Anyhow, i learnt.And yeah, i shall use my lips more discerningly too since i'm mentoring so many people its quite scary.I've voluntarily taken up the mentorship of a few juniors in Crescent.Coming there to guide them with their oral was really quite an experience.I realise i can teach quite well and have the power to persuade as well, of which i really need to be careful of the usage of such gifts..since it being utilised unrighteously could bring about devastating consequences. Anyway, now i'm volunteering back there every friday to help with history and most of the humanities since i'm really quite pro at them haha.I was actually tutoring michelle, sheila's sister for her lit and she found it useful.Oh well, thank God for such gifts...and Lord, please guide me to use them wisely, for pride is building up and walling me in.Lord, let me be sensitive to others and use my tongue in the way you wish it to be used.Let it be an instrument to glorify your name and not mine.Lord,You take control.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]