Sunday, August 05, 2007

 

the child God wants




5/8/07

Hebrews 12:4-11

"Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best, but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." v10-11

Responding: If i am God's child, what can i do to be closer to Him? Have I ever experienced God's discipline? How did it change me?

Hmm...To question 1, by asking God, "God, is this the child You wanted?"I need to accept his plans for me, whatever they may be and trust in the fact that they are for my good and to bring me to become more Christ-like each day.I guess the trials which come with the plans have to accepted too.If I want to be God's wanted child, then i must be receptive to His discipline...which are always accompanied by the hard times.

To question 2 and 3, Ive been disciplined a lot blah...Im being disciplined right now, with so many problems, worries and wandering thoughts that I'm not really committed to coming to terms with, Hes teaching/disciplining me to face problems that i want to ignore/run away from.The best example of such discipline action in the past is prolly the episode with my dad.Ive grown ,I've also learnt my lesson (hopefully), and I've definitely committed more sins and stuff to God's hands.Ive become a lot more patient(in affliction), and tolerant and maybe even understanding towards others because i know whats its like.Ive become less prideful, and hopefully a lot more humble.Ive become stronger, in God and with Him, endurance strength increases exponentially.I've learnt to let go, to trust, to hope and most important of all, to love.To love Him and drawing strength from Him to love others as He loves.

Lord, thank you for the beautiful sunrise you allow me to see, for the gentle breeze of the morning and the immense beauty of your earthly creation in the morning glorious sunlight.Thank you for yesterday, for the jokes, for the laughter, for the tears and for your people and angels that You've provided for me.I thank you too for strength, for boldness hopefully stemming no from my pride, but pride in the one fact You are God and Lord of my life. I thank you for today's devotion father, for teaching me that you discipline through trials because You care, more than anyone this world and You love, more than any unfathomable love found on this earth.I pray that you will continue to teach me, mould me and guide me everyday Lord, as I do all things that are in your plans.Let me be the daughter You wanted.In Christ's most precious name I pray, Amen.

God corrects us because He loves us.

Aknowledgement: Byle, Anne.Our jouney, RBC ministries 2007

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]