Saturday, June 30, 2007

 

What difference a day makes

29/6/07

Today is probably the happiest day so far since LDC.The later half of June has been very bleak for me, blaqued by all problems...with a lot of challenges and trials that i thought i could never come through.God is however gracious and He has proven it time and time again that He will carry me over the troubled waters no matter what.He has done it again this time.Thank You Lord.You are indeed my shield, my strength, my deliverer,strong tower, my very present help in time of need.

Lets recount today from its very beginning, since its indeed a memorable day.

Well, I was slacking around the house in the morning.I woke up quite early, having slept pretty early the night before.I didnt know what to do but watch tv and had miso soup for breakfast.What followed is just slacking in front of the tv; managed to catch House on AXN...but after a while, even the charms of Dr Chase couldnt really grasp my full attention and so, i decided to watch a korean movie ive bought in vietnam,Almost Love.It turned out to be a comedy, but the again, i never finished watching as well haha.Halfway through it, i was agitated and went to bathe,had a good massage shower.I havent used the salt shrub and other massage stuff for ages.Felt really refreshed and relaxed after that. To keep this post to moderate length, i'll summarise the rest of the morning.I went to Tiong Bahru to try the corn soup in Moss...not bad at all, until i added too much PEPPER (the whole little packet) and had a hard time trying to finish it..cos it was too hot haha.I also bought yet again a pair of crystal earrings HAHAHA.Oh man, I need to exercise some self-control over crystals. I just go bongus over them...

The rest of the morning/afternoon was spent fruitfully,meaningfully in Crescent.Hayz, I love crescent to bits.I came back, unaware that it was their youth day celebration...and hence was a huge surprise for me to see so many friends coming back.The best part was probably attending the concert put up by the teachers; sitting on par with the teachers in one of those chairs..haha...The concert was BRILLIANT.Oh man...I felt then as if i had never left this wonderful school. All the teachers were just so hilarious with their skits and songs and dance items, and of course, the item by teacher newbies was always fun to watch.The best skit, though, must be awarded to the humanities and english department hahaha.They danced to "Buttons" by the pussycat dolls, imitating the same moves some more...oh man..it was HILARIOUS haha...I recorded bits here and there, took some photos using my HP too haha.So many memories of this place flooded back as well.4 youth days...The best was of course in sec 4...Mdm Katini and Mr.whats his name put up an indian dance item of lovers dancing around the coconut trees(the other teachers being the coconut trees haha)...it was of course hilarious...i remember laughing so hard my stomach hurt.Hayz, such beautiful memories...now only to be reminisced.

I managed to catch up with a bunch of old friends who are now in NJ and RJ,had lunch with them and Ms Shervonne, the IT teacher in sec 2.Talking to her about Crescent and ACSI's IT development, I just swelled with pride for the simple fact that i was once a student here.Crescent is currently the official Microsoft's mentor school, the first in the whole world.It will share its expertise with other schools around the whole.It's also the school of the future.A lot of funds from corporate companies are being pumped in for IT infrastruture.Every girl owns a Tablet PC.Manga drawings(drawn used Tablet PC and microsoft's programs) from the girls are displayed and showcased in Microsoft's headquarters as the example of success in their investments in schools with the tablet PC.My almar mater is doing well =)

The highlight of the day,though, was prolly the catching up with various teachers.I managed to see Mdm Ting in the hall, and also told her about her vietnamese coffee haha.I'm going to give it to her on speech day when i'd be coming back to receive a prize.Let's hope its not on 21 july...since its also BB care day...hayz...see how.i really want to come back to crescent and be there to watch the choir perform as well. Hmm caught up with Ms Sharon Goh, my TDP/sec 2 lit teacher.Oh man, had a good talk with her as well, over lit haha.She's asking me to come back and do mentoring/tutoring for lit on days I'm free.I'm really tight this term in terms of schedule and workload with bb and IB reaching its climax of workload for the year at the same time.But I'm also really keen in serving and yeah, just helping out the juniors...I'll pray about it.

I talked to Mr Ravi, sec 4 english teacher...told him about the desire to enter law school and me doing 3 humanities and all.He was really helpful, offering help in terms of my speech and pronunciation, saying if i need prof help, give him a call haha.Oh well, a bit too early for that dont ya think.In any case, I had the assurance from him that i can do anything i want and just go for it man.You never know until you try...And he who applied for law school before would know best haha.I also talked to Mr M.Oh man, I misssseeedd him so muccchh.Bleah...Most of the stuff he taught, i still remember word for word.Looking back, had we not have him as our lit teacher in sec 4, my interest and aptitude for lit that was developed in sec 1 and 2 would have been buried so deep i doubt i would could continue doing it any longer...And of course, my A2 for combined humanities(of which i dunno which one decided the a2 grade) would not have been possible.Hmm...told him about law school too...had the same assurance and confidence Mr ravi gave me.One more fact that made my day and inspired me tremendously: The top graduate in Princeton University for this year is a Crescent Girl.She actually invited Mrs Tan, my A math teacher for sec 3 and 4 to come all the way to the states for the ceremony.That's how much she was grateful for the teachers she had in Crescent.Oh man, if i ever top my university in the future, prolly wont happen, but if it does...I'll prolly invite one of my teachers in Crescent too...and its probably Mr M or Ms Sharon Goh.OH...Ms Goh is MARRIED.hahaha...and just married too..in june.hahaha...finally eh...Happy for her hehehe =))

Well, the afternoon was spent watching fantastic 4 with Alyssha, Gareth,Alsome,Han ann and Patrick.I didnt actually wanted to watch due to various reasons but well, finally decided to come to the call of rescue of Alyssha who was in the only girl until I came.F4 was good, not bad really.Pretty humorous, and I like the ending too.I think, in every heroic movie, love is the one theme that always dominate,and its also the cause for which many of the heroes act.Oh well, love makes the world go round doesnt it?

Hahaha...I seriously dun have any self control over crystals.They have such a place in my heart man!I have a soft spot for them tooo...I bought yet another pair at heeren.Oh yeah, the lady is really kind...she gave me 15% discount although i'm not member.And she actually assured me that she will continue to do the same if i come back to patronise the store. Well, I love the store's collection of earrings...really beautiful stuff...so haha yeah, she can count on me coming back..but not any time soon i think.After Alyssha managed to get a pencil case for her sister, we went back to join the guys whom we had abandoned in the pursuit of unperturbed peace for shopping.I left Alyssha with them and went my own way to Great World to get the hillsong discounted Cds.Another God-made encounter. The lady who was selling was really kind too.She asked about my church service and all since i was buy hillsong cds.Shes actually from Grace's assembly of God..hahah!Its so near Crescent and so near my church too..oh well...it's a small world, or rather, it's a very small island we're living on.I also secured another 10% discount for subsequent purchases haha.Hehehe, aint I good or wat?I think I do have some pretty good shopping skills dont ya agree??? =))

Okie...its a very long post already.Its quite a day for me, to meet so many old friends and old teachers and find new acquaintances that totally made my day.My weeks had been rather sombre, with the atmosphere in the house being so tense and cold...coupled with the hopelessness of every passing CTs and not get into con camp.To add to that, there were few people i could really share whats troubling me in my heart.I'm just very torn.The devil is attacking i think...telling me its all my fault, all my failures that made the situation the way it is..my inability to handle relationships well, my failure in being a good daughter to both sets of parents, my habit of keeping everything to myself...I'm sorry, but, yeah, I'm trying very hard sometimes to deal with emotions.On the other hand, another voice is telling me i should just get into the actions and deal with the problems first.I'm running to God for help, praying on my knees every night before i sleep because i could not sleep with all those thoughts racing through my mind.I just hope my passion, my love, my enthusiam for Him is not sporadic, temporal resulted from emotional upheavals.Even today when I'm rejoicing, Lord, I pray i'll remember to give thanks to you for everything, because its you who have permitted these wonderful events to take place.

Okie...really..enough.I'm really stopping.Emo blogging is no good...and i'm doing it yet again.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]