Thursday, June 07, 2007

 
VIETNAM!

Yay!haha I'm finally here at my mom(my family)'s hotel!!Its really nice!!Yeah I love it man. It's a class above the rest of the hotels around it. I'm really proud of my very very wonderful mom and my dad and all my extended family members =DD Hayzz it's so good to see mom again!Oh yeah, MY ROOM ROCKS!weeee its the delux room at almost the top level (level 9) and its spacious,has big comfy beds, exquisite designs for a private hotel, ultra COOL bathroom(square bathtub) and fully equipped with cable tv. I'm so dead...it's not exactly mugging-perfect condition haha. But who cares!I'm not complaining, that's for sure =))

Let me just recount the entire day. It's been quite a day too actually. I slept at 4.am, after a desperate attempt to pray and do QT. At least the verse slipped into my brain (Hebrews 12:1-4) and the message behind the devotion was absorbed some what. I tried to reflect upon it but at 4 am in the morning, with a body so tired it was practically screaming for rest, the reflection was cut by at least 70%. I then tried very hard to pray at kept awake. I prayed for vietnam, for my cousin, for marc and the mission team, thanking God for LDC, sec 2 dearies ans finally poured out my troubles with grasping the reality of living the conviction God has given me. So many things to pray, yet my mind only managed to stay awake for 10 mins. I tried to squeeze all those stuff in, and obviously it wasn't very effective. Most of the 10 mins went into praying for vietnam and my conviction =S

Despite the maddening sleeping hour, I was wake by 7.45! bleah...I would love to sleep for some more, but my throat decided to take over the alarm clock and woke me up with incessant coughing. My alarm only rang later at 8 =S The cough was really bad though, my throat felt immense pain everytime. Hayz... Anyway, at 8, I realised i really needed to wake up proper and pack in the stuff for missions so i could make a visit to the doc and be in school by the planned time. I had prepared the day before the books and clothes, so i only needed to put them into proper plastic bags. I found some very interesting books that i didnt know exist in the house the night before haha. I gave away quite a number of RD issues. I was thinking whether i should give away my precious newsweek issues but in the end decided against it. RD is ok, cos it was bought with dad's money =P but Newsweek is special, cos i only bought issues i really wanted to read about and i paid for them with my own money. I really didn't have the heart to give them away. Anyway, Newsweek is a bit too cheem for kids who just learn english isnt it??

I left the house at around 8.30 for the doc, making a detour to withdraw money. The detour turned out to be a bad decision cos the queue was super long at the doc. I waited for almost 20 mins, and only saw the doc himself for hmm 5 mins max?? How ironic..bleah...the med cost $50, which is a lot...but yeah..he gave quite a lot of med as well..fever, headache,antibiotics, cough syrup, phlegm and running nose...By the time i went back home to get the mission stuff, i was really tired, thanks to the running nose.

I decided against taking a cap despite the pretty heavy bags of books and clothes. I just felt very guilty, having spent so much money shopping the last few days..so yeah..i'm trying to save as much as possible now. Anyway, taking bus gave me the time to think about a lot of stuff and to listen to my dear dear Ipod. Nowadays, I tried not to think too much of it...cos it's really draining my mental energy and hence physical, and it's taking too much of precious time. I'm just surrendering to God everything now. I can't do this without Him, I really can't. It's so hard, so tough that i might die...I hate failures...and i don't want to fail this challenge...and I'm banking on God's ever sufficient grace and mercy ,strength and love to pull my through. I'm scared, but i'm not discouraged. I'm week, but i'm not broken. That's for very sure.

Anyway, I reached sch a bit later than planned but the admin room was open by then .I think the mission meeting was pushed forward or something cos all the admin guys were already there and the sec 2s were arriving. only 3 3 of them anyway. I went to collect my books from my locker and realised there were a lot of them! Oh welll..,managed to pack them up nicely in my backpack and carried the files by hand...together with the histroy and chem exam booklet. When i came back to admin room, Marc was there, so i just explain to him and stuff, and gave him the book on europe in which i had slipped in the bookmark i wrote the night before(or rather early morning). Mr Allen Lee was also there, so i told him about the girls' hike stuff....haha we are nice enough to agree to donate/sell back to the company for next year's badge. oh well, money is only to be collected at next parade, i was happy,less work for me =)) bleah..somehow i've become the official girls' I/C or something...everything regarding female primers always seem to go through me...

Hayz..I was feeling utterly sick walkin into/out of the school. I was really really tired, prolly cos of lack of sleep and the running nose that had taken over the sore throat in reminding me im sick. Hayz...at least no fever =)The journey on the bus home, i slept through most of it...being so tired and sick. At the bustop which i alighted to chnage bus, an angel in disguise appeared. I realised i didn't have enough coins and needed to to exchange notes for coins. When this old man saw me failing to do so with a lady, he just walked up to me and offered to change my note for me =))) I was sitting down some more, and he just so willingly took out his well-hidden coins and exchanged them for me. Isn't that an angel sent by God or what...It made me feel so blessed, so wonderfully taken care of by the Almighty One. It gave me a sense of hope in a society so deprived of time people hardly every made time to help loved ones, let alone strangers. This old man proved it wrong. God, You are so ever amazing and kind, a provider in every situation =))

Upon reaching home, it was just a fury frenzy of last min packing. I had to change luggage cos the one i packed into was way too big. And I had so many books to pack in it horrified everybody in house, but me. Hehehe...i knew it's gonna be a lot just by thinking about the workload and the amount of knowledge i need to absorb/reabsorb/understand in these final weeks of the hols. Bleah...I'm depending on God again..I can't do this myself again, so much so so much work it seems as high as mount Everest...how do i conquer it but with God's enduring strength.

Well...the airport was uneventful..oh yeah...I slept through take-off, the first time i ever did tat..bleah..I slept all the way till meal time when i realised I was practically famished and starving. The food was not bad at all, well i was hungry but it was really not bad. The service in Vietnam Airline is improving by quite a bit. The food was really satisfying. I slept again after that, slept in the car on the way to the hotel as well...geez...ive never slept so much in rides before. Excitement of being back in vietnam only came when i was in the car and not yet managed to sleep, and when we arrived at the Hotel. oh yea...i've never travelled back to vietnam with so many people before as well...bleah...alloytius made a freaking alot of noise..fortunately my room is at least 7 storeys apart from his..or else i'll just die.

Okie..The restaurant food for dinner was good, the hotel staff is friendly, i'm liking my workplace already!oh yes, I'm starting work proper tmr at 6.30 hahaha =)) I'm looking forward to that!!Oh yeah...hayz...the med stuff i just started to take is bitter., super big in size and super a lot...bleah...I hate med...i hate them a lot now...and i dun like docs...arrghh...

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]