Wednesday, June 20, 2007

 
A thankfulness of sound

This is written in the concert booklet for an SYC Ensemble Singers' concert "muocaaeyiwcoum" by conductor Jennifer Tham.

"We born to sing. For no other reason could the intricate machinery of the voice-box exist: six pairs of muscles stablising the oft-rocked cradle of three cartilages that adjust the vocal folds according the whim or will. To use the vocal instrument only for speaking would be a tragedy akin to driving an All-Terrain Vehicle round the corner to the local 7-11. For a packet of peanuts.

Thus, as we worry the overtones out of our systems this evening, we are thankful for this natural ability to sing, also for each unique singing instrument-a composite of body,mind and desire to communicate-that augments and amplifies the others to produce the sensuous buzzing sonotities that massage our spirit on and off stage."

My ex-conductor rocks.Dont you see why now? Hayz...i miss her to bits... and i miss Crez choir too. There's a desire to belong to a body of enthusiastic, crazily hyper and music-fanatical choristers...once again. Sigh.

I just found Erica's blog. To think I was called "dear dearrest cousin, to sweet gal"...demoding to just "couzzie and older cousin" as the days gone by...that just amplifies my depression box.

There is an overwhelming urge to blog about my family.But I won't. Just the thought of it makes me tear. I have a lot to do tonight, and no time to be emo/depressed/sad/hopeless anymore. I have God. Though i'm weak, He is strong.

I have the feeling of just hanging on to a bare threat of hope. God, is this how hard it is getting? Is it the hardest part yet? No? If it's no, i don't know i'll last. if it's a yes, I can't say for sure i'll pass. Lord, are You carrying me through? I have only You sometimes now...and soon, You is all I have to hang on.And maybe, that's what You want.

From next week onward, It's just me and You. Sister gone, mom gone, dad might go, Officers gone except for Mr Zhiguang whom i don't really know. Mrs Lui left though. Friends too busy with their studies for me to disturb. There's Sheila though, but shes studying too. Perfect timing, everyone.

Everybody seems to be busy. But You are not.And so, I'll run to You.

Journey
Lyrics & music: Corrinne May

It's a long long journey
Till I know where I'm supposed to be
It's a long long journey
And I don't know if I can believe
When shadows fall and block my eyes
I am lost and know that I must hide
It's a long long journey
Till I find my way home to You

Many days I've spent
Drifting on through empty shores
Wondering what's my purpose
Wondering how to make me strong
I know I will falter
I know I will cry
I know You'll be standing by my side

It's a long long journey
And I need to be close to You
Sometimes it feels no one understands
I don't even know why
I do the things I do
When pride builds me up till I can't see my soul
Will You break down these walls and pull me through

Cause it's a long long journey
Till I feel that I am worth the price
You paid for me on Calvary
Beneath those stormy skies

When Satan mocks and friends turn to foes
It feels like everything is out to make me lose control
Cause it's a long long journey
Till I find my way home to you
To You

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]