Friday, June 08, 2007

 
Work, work work

2nd day in vietnam!Let's go back about 13 hours ago and relive my glorious day =P

I woke up at hmm..about 5? By some accident Erica's alarm rang really early and for really long..=P It woke me up...i think she didn't set her phone to local time. Oh well, I was woken up like...4 times and realised it was still early. Anyway, we finally woke up at 6, with me calling Erica to get out of bed at least 5 times. We both agreed that we should wear something comfy to work in the kitchen, so we settled for short and black shirt. By the time we reached the restaurant's kitchen, most of the food for breakfast was well ready. So we realised to actually help the 2 chefs, we need to be down by 6 the next morning. Nevertheless, we did get to learn some cool stuff like cutting onion and tomato. It was really cool, cos ive never seen the professional way of chopping tomato and onion before. Tomorrow promises to be exciting at the kitchen!

Our shift at the reception only started at 8 so we decided to go back up and change to our formal attire and eat breakfast. Breakfast was...sumptuous!I LOVE BREAD!oh mee goodness!!The bread was the next best bread to the one Ive eaten in france. Ive never eaten such good bread since the french days. I ate like...2 loaves, small ones of cuz. There is also this super nice chicken stew in which i dipped most of my bread. There was also tuna, ham and sausage meat, all of which tasted excellent with bread =)) Erica really loves the ham and tuna haha...she went for like 3 servings of it =P Oh well, today the med didnt taste so bad cos i had fruits and cake to eat after it so the bitter taste was washed down.

After our breakfast, our shift at the reception started proper. Nga was with us but later she was busy with the accounting stuff and went down, leaving Nhu to stay and train us. There were really few guests coming in/checking out in the morning so there was really nothing much for us to do. Guests only started to come in one by one at about noon time. They all have made reservations, and they all were singaporeans =I I talked to the 2 groups (1 couple and 1 family) and took them around for touring of rooms.There goes the opportunity to tell them i'm singaporean too =)) Oh well, i felt a lot more useful by this time cos they started to get more friendly and comfortable, knowing i'm a their countryman(or woman). They started asking about the places to eat, where to visit in the day and stuff like tat...and about my staying here..haha oh well..it kills my boredom so i really welcomed that.

Over the course of my shift, i was intro to like...a lot of guests coming from very cool places, like Bulgaria(this old man), another old man from Italy, a group from south africa..haha..oh well more to come tomorrow it seems =))

Okie..the afternoon was uneventful. Went for lunch with anh Thanh who treated me and Erica to banh xeo. It was good, despite the full stomach i had from a huge breakfast i managed to eat quite a bit. Erica also enjoyed the food i think. On the way back we picked the bread for tmr's breakfast and he bought us dessert which was this coconut jelly that is really nice haha.

My study regime is supposed to start in the afternoon which i did. However, whatever it was...the food or my running nose...or the lack of sleep from the night before..i just felt super tired and hence decided to sleep for 15 mins after which Erica woke me up. I managed to study some of Lenin's rise to power in 2 hours. bleah...my productivity is SUPER LOW.I really need to study a little faster to be able to follow plan timetable.

After my 2 hours of hist, me and Erica went into our chitchat session, where she was sharing with me and me her about our BGR experiences...it's quite interesting to listen to her side of the story. i silently decided that my parents and her parents have overexaggerated the seriousness of the situation. The fact of the situation is that Erica is still a very sane, nice, sweet gal and still does know whats right and wrong. Shes got her moral values right, but just very easily swayed by others.Her parents didnt help much by letting her do everything that she wants without even counsel or advice.They should have objected her going sted, cos thats where most of the problems lie. Bleah..and she still complained she doesnt have enough freedom...my parents would have killed me and my bf if i have had one in sec 2.

We went out for dinner at a jap restaurant, for which i wore my newly bought dress/blouse which is SO BEAUTIFUL! heh..i'm very proud of it...its really pretty. I'm also happy! the jap food was excellent stuff...best jap stuff ive eaten. I'm fully satisifed =)) we went for ice cream and then walked back to our hotel.

Hayz...Ive shared my conviction again...each time sharing it gets a bit better...God is confirming it with me or what...God has not been silent since the hike...I could distinct his voice very clearly now. Theres so much about vietnam that God wants me to see...beyond the facade of the buidlings, the people and all, there something spiritual i need to understand it seems. I'm trying to commit all i am to Him again...Sometimes I feel i'm really not walking the talk, and then i realise i really need to ask for forgiveness millions more times.

Lord, Thank you for having blessed my family and my relatives in this country Lord but i pray that too that lord you will watch over this nation and guide the hands of the leaders Lord. I want to commit Vietnam into Your Mighty Hands and pray that You will build your altars here Lord. I also want to pray for Erica, Father. I thank you for the opportunity to know her better and to understand her Lord and I praise you for the wiser choices she had made Lord. I just pray that you will open her heart and let her be receptive to the gospel that I would love to share in the near future Lord. I pray that you will guide me and give the wisdom to seize the chance to do so Lord. I also want to commit this hotel, Elios into your hands. I thank you for the work you have allowed to be done by my parents and the people who have contributed to building of the hotel Lord. I pray that you will watch over the hotel and all its functioning Lord. It is yours because you are the creator of everything Lord. Blessed be your name Lord. I pray all this in Jesus' most precious name,

Amen

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]