Saturday, March 26, 2005

 

Good friday

Sianz..the hols are always not hols..as there are too many things to be done...but then again, my slack attiude won over the drive to revise my work...not total defeat though, I had some good hours of concentrating in geo, e maths and a maths.I have to say i'm nervous about A maths.My foundation of remainder theorem i believe is sound, but the advanced questions shook it badly.I take about 1o mins to solve one freaking question...and i know tests ah, all the questions are so not easy.I might die.Nevertheless, my quest for all As this term still has hope,a lot of hope in fact, cos i'm quite ok with e maths and goe,a but scared but not too much a problem.Now is just building up the speed.

Ive been neglecting my english ,especially my writing skills these few days.So I decided that this blog will be actively used as a avenue for my writing skills to be honed.I hate writing stories,honestly.I'll rather to discussions, though they are more challenging, they are more interesting and involves more critical thinking as well.For today, I have some time off YWAV,thus, some solid time will be spent to write up stuff on this blog about the currently issue at hand, the youth speaking up topic.Sounds relevant to me,and i have a few things to comment on.

Before that begins though, i will take this opportunity to reflect on certain things.

French=ok, the controle was killer,or was it?I'm not too sure but it tells me that my writing skills in french needs to be sharpened too, and i need to read more french books.I have a few at hands,but never had the chance to pick them up.I really to do well for french, cos i believe it will be an asset for me later in life, after all, not too many people master it.

Birthdays=enough said, nothing is done.I might be going out for a movie..or i might not.I'll see how my revision speed progresses later.

BGR=enough...i need to rethink about it.I can't let my mind wander too much into this thing,which is almost non-existant.I'll let God find me the one.And after all, its so common nowadays to be single.Just that u know, my contacts with the opposite gender is so limit-the con of being in girls school =S

Choir,SYF=Not bad progress at all.I think if the sop 2s can control their nerves and we dont go sharp, we will get a gold definitely.Can't wait for choir on mon.Mr Tay is..ahem..the issue is off..I just feel that if i let those feelings rise, they will be unstoppable.Self-control?yupz

ok..here goes my so-called essay
Youths are up and on?
Yes, with the fuss the government and the national newspaper has made for the past few weeks about youths being given more freedom,space and time to speak out, it is inevitable that this topic is chosen for me free writing today.
Dr vivain, the acting minister for community development,sports and youth had said that more space, a park to be exact, will be dedicated to youths.This will the extension of the existing skater park located at orchard rd.The space will be an avenue for youths to showcase the creavitty without restrictions, and to host shows, carry out projects that benefit the community. In addition to that, he also said that equal opportunities will be given to all youths to use their talents to contribute to the country and community...The minister also declared earlier that nothing can stop youths from raising their concerns for the country by speaking up and contribute their ideas at forums.He also welcomes the young to play a part in making the modern singapore unique and a place they called home.
Such is the bold and definite action the government is undetaking to involve youths into playing a greater in the nation-making progress.It not only stops at the community level, but this idea also extends to youths being more involved in policy making and generally, politics.This is the part that interests me.For a long time, singapore politics, as i understand it, has been limited to the elite group of mature politicians and bureaucrats, leaving the voices of the common people and,youths.This is a welcomed change,and it's time it's changed.No one can deny the fact the young voices do matter, although young, but ideas from youths should be valued as they carry the message of the Y generation that the government is governing.This generation is bolder, more outspoken and definitely want more of their voices to be heard.But just how? and will ALL voices of those who want a chance to share be valued?
Certain doubts cross my mind upon this question.
ok..i run out of time again,next time ppl..I'll really continue!Mugging session now =S

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]