Friday, August 13, 2004

 

Update!

Wowee..what a long time I didnt blog huh?
I've been pretty busy the last few days and thus failed to update.I guess I'll just try to squeeze eveything inside this entry.

Monday(national day)
I went to church at about 10.45 and then was transported to Zion Full Gospel church at about 11.15.So initially all the youths in our church were sitting together and the zion together.Then one of the youth leader from zion asked us to mix up so that we could know each other better.It was a good call cos during the 15 mins long worship, the difference btw the 2 youth groups was obvious.The Zion youths are really passionate and open about their passion for worship.They were raising their hands,clapping and all sorts of praise-actions while we from queenstown just stood there motionless. If we have not mixed up, the scene would have been very odd then.

Then we had ice-breaker for 10 mins in which I had to hold hands with a guy!LOL..i was kinda shy but he took my hand anyway and we were playing this pretty spastic game called "husband and wife".We had fun though and yeah..after that we were briefed and at about 1.10,we set out to our different locations. I was teamed up with a sec 3 girl called Vanessa the team leader and the other sec 1 girl who looked very mature lol. Anyway, we met Samuel at Bugis later and we were sharing with a lot of ppl by the time we decided to take a break at Moss burger.There we met Uncle Bill and i ate my lunch.So later we joined group with grp 12 cos they had too few ppl.The whole afternoon was quite fruitful with us having 3 professed and 1 assured.I was the one who did the assured.Her name is Germaine and guiltily I have not been praying about her.i should cos I would be the one guiding her through our youth group I guess. We had a lot of fun too haha.I think it was very a worthwhile afternoon and at 5.15, we reported back to have dinner.

The sharing was hilarious and touching as well I think.Clement...hahaha...i was still laughing about it the next day.I cant describe it here but lol..its just hilarious.For those who were there, you know what I mean :) Oh yah..we won a prize!!!Van you rock!!LOL. the prize is this shoe keychain thing which is cute and now its hung on my bag =D So after that was worship and basically it wrapped up the event.I hope next year something like this would be organised again.I'm inspired and aspired by fellow youths from zion as well as the ppl we approached. Although i missed the parade, it was one of the best national day so far!

I shall skip tuesday since I blogged on tuesday.

Wednesday
Wednesday is always highly anticipated by me because of previously 1(now 2) reasons :Singapore(American earlier) Idol and Amazing Race. Nothing happened much on wed except for these 2 things.Oh yah..we had lit extra lesson after school and i was like..so on lol.First time I was ever so on about lit.i suppose its because of the fact that i'm much better at it this year(or more specifically, this semester).Well SI was hilarious as usual I guess.But there's this guy who lost his father prior to the day he went for the audition and he sang Solitaire, a song so aptly desbribed his father.I guess all audience and the judges were impressed with his voice and inspired by his performance.I suppose when you sing from the heart, your voice just let it flow and somehow, it reaches the audience far better than you ever can imagine.Something I'm inspired to do in choir.

Thursday
Nothing eventful happened in school except for Nandhu vomitting(so I heard) and had to go home after mass run. Hayzz..mass run was tiring i guess.Although i said that it has now well been a part of my school life and a routine, its still tiring and i would still cheer if its cancelled. After that we had PE which wasnt that tiring for me cos i volunteered to be the catcher, a position in which you can just slack unless the ball is near. I guess Shu Zhen was quite pissed at me for not able to catch the ball but hey, i tried my best and its not like i wasnt trying to catch.I dont know who won in the end(its not important anyway) but i guess all of us kinda had fun. So during science, we got back our science test and i was so disappointed with my marks.I'm just like...gone is my science and triple science hope.Hayzz...I sincerely dont think how i can ever get into triple science with the grades I'm making.I think i shall take chem and physics with pure geo and elective lit.yepz..thats my choice.I think its also coincidentally ming wei's combination.

After science, i rushed to french and only reached there just in time.Some stupid bus changed route and i had to walk there,wasting 45 cents....basket.Anyway...french common test was fine..I thought it was quite easy except for the listening as usual.I always seem to screw that part up.And I got hinted by mr chan twice.Thanks, Mr Chan!But i could have spotted the mistakes when i was doing my rounds of checking anyway...just that he was there to notice the mistake right there and then. My compo was satisfying in my opinions.I went over by 2 words but i dont think he will be so mean to minus mark for that.I guess the vocab i used was quite variable and wide too so I hope i scored well. After french i was so tired i couldnt much but just to slack in front of the comp.Later at night, my family and i gathered around the tv to watch the swearing-in of the new PM and Cabinet.Quite interesting since I have never seen one before.And YAY,MRS LIM HWEE HUA, a CRESCENTIAN is one of the 2 ONLY woman ministers of state in the cabinet.WAY TO GO, MRS LIM! Later on i mugged on lit and went to bed quite early yet i woke up late this morning :S How ironic.

TODAY
Today is common tests of course.English was ok but i was sure i wrote crap for the last question of the passage 1. I thought(and most of the gals agreed) that the summary was quite easy. Then we had self-study and later lit exam.Lit was like..easy for once.I just scribbled from the start to finish and yet didnt managed to finish my last sentence but I dont think many marks would be deducted.I'm only scared that since I didnt talk about similarities, i might be marked down for it.Sighz..i just have to wait i guess.

Im still so tired now.My head is still spinning a bit.I guess i made the right choice of going for french controle yesterday instead of today.Although there will be rest, it just prolongs the time.I'll rather get over and done with it.Now I can relax and blog abit.

Wowee..thats quite an entry there.I hope i didnt bore you with the details but i have already omitted out much and only mentioned the worthy news.I guess i shall be more regular after common test.for now, so long everybody!

Christine saying au revoir






Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]