Tuesday, August 31, 2004

 

Reflections

I have no mood to do the normal recap again.Sometimes, i would fall into this reflective mood and have the urge to reflect on things that have happened.I would take this opportunity to reflect on Mrs Lee's journal article that i didnt get to do that day.

Sometimes, new ways of doing things are not always welcomed.They are viewed with a skeptic perspective and questioning mind.Why?People are used to things.People are not used to changes.People dont like changes, especially oustanding ones.Mrs Lee touched on this topic during her sharings about Beethovan's symphony No.9 and how it was so different from the music back then that it was viewed as an insult and queer type of music.But look at what happening now, it's one of Beethoven's most celebrated piece of work.I think this is really true.Changes are what people really dont like.They get used to listen, to see, to do things in certain ways and they stick to it.They don't welcome changes.And that is difficult for anyone who wants a break through and is inspired to be different.It takes courage I think.One good example, again brought up by Mrs Lee, was our school's launch of M-learning using tablet pcs.There were negatives opinions and people even wrote to the papers.yeah yeah...even Ming Wei finds it so new that it doesnt excite him.But the school did it only after thorough research and consultations and they believe its the best of the students.When you take a bold step forward, you have to be just as brave to face the diverse opinions and advices,regardless good or bad.Who knows what is at the end of the road?Our school may be really famous for it just like Beethoven.Who can predict the future?God.yeah...and God doesnt review his answer either.


The second topic she talked about, the more connecting topic with the students,"dare to be different and stand up to all expectations and standards".I find myself being challenged.I find myself seeing meaning in this long journey called education.We are all in school for education but maybe that is not all we are there for.School is a place where talents can blossom, and where each of us can prove to people and ourselves that we can do whatever we aim for as long as we have faith and determination.It is a place for challenges with one another, challenges with ourselves. Sometimes, so many things that surround us blur the vision of our ultimate goals, the small obstacles we face make the road seem more rocky than it is, and we find ourselves at the lowest point of the journey.But in those difficult times that we have be brave and pick ourselves up, we have to realise we are not alone.We have to believe that we are still fighting because we have so much faith in what we are doing.We have to believe. It's always easier said than done i know, but what if the things we said CAN be done?For the personal part of it,I'm facing mountains here.I want so much, so so much to be part of the IB programme but I know the road is so long I have no idea how rocky it can be.But I'm not afraid of the road.I'm only afraid of the discouraging thoughts, the distracting views(friends who have chosen IPs) that might steer me away from the directed path.May God above have mercy and understanding.May He sees my greatest wish and help me to achieve it.I can only depend on Him and myself.Sometimes, you dont know how lonely you are.

I have faith,I have hope,I have love, I have God.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]